Friday, December 23, 2011

Hey Rudolph, What's Your Red Nose?

Ready for a few Christmas blogs?

We all know the story of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Rudolph is born with a bright red nose. He is rejected by the other normal reindeer. Then one Christmas Eve Santa asks him to lead his team through bad weather because of his glowing nose.

The irony of the story is that the glowing nose that got him rejected by Santa's team of reindeer is the same glowing nose that caused Santa to select him to save the day and lead the very same reindeer that rejected him.

God uses our abnormalities, even our weaknesses, the same way.

In 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, Paul speaks of how he views his weaknesses, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

So what is your weakness? For what have all of the other reindeer laughed and called you names? What about yourself has kept you from joining any reindeer games?

It isn't until we own those traits, accept them as gifts from God, believe that we are "fearfully and wonderfully made", that God can begin to use those things for His glory.

So whatever your shiny red nose may be, let it shine bright. Accept it as the gift it is and be ready to seize any opportunity to use your abnormality for the glory of God. You're "foggy Christmas Eve" may be coming. Be ready.

No comments: