Friday, August 16, 2013

Book Review: Downside Up by Tracey Mitchell

Downside Up: Transform Rejection into Your Golden Opportunity by Tracey Mitchell is one of those books that, as a reader, I think I will go back to time and time again. Reading as much like book of encouragement as it does a text on dealing with rejection, this book is both informative and uplifting. It is a good book to read for information, but it would also be a good book to reread any time the weight of rejection hits us.

Though a little light on biblical discussion, this book is overflowing with information about why we take rejection so hard, how it effects us and how to turn our thinking about rejection around to make it work to encourage us instead of tear us down. By going through the many different lies, manipulations and deceptions that come along with rejection, Mitchell shines light on the very common realities many of us experience day in and day out. Her advice is practical and easily implemented in our lives. I can't see someone reading this book and not coming away with a stronger, more positive view of themselves and their past.

Overall, I recommend this book to all, Christians and non-Christians. This book, along with Failing Forward by John Maxwell, will go on my shelf, in an easily accessible place, so it can be referenced any time I'm tempted by letting rejection destroy who Christ has made me to be.

This book was provided to me free of charge by booksneeze.com in return for my honest review.

No comments: