Friday, March 28, 2014

Book Review: The People Factor by Van Moody

I'm someone who often feels like a social misfit and who has zero social skills.  That's not really a fair assessment of my relationship skills, but it's often how I feel.  Because of that, I get really excited about Christian relationship books.  Our God is such a relational God that the Bible is packed with lots of do's and do not's for us if we just stop to look for them.  Because of that, I was glad to have the opportunity to read The People Factor:  How Building Great Relationships and Ending Bad Ones Unlocks Your God-Given Purpose.

This very Biblically based book does an excellent job of looking at relationships of all kinds in our lives and giving us basic principles to follow.  It also tackles the hard questions of why and how to end relationships and how to deal with relationships where one person is more invested than the other.  Through a blend of scripture, exposition and personal narrative, this author fleshes out the topic thoroughly and realistically.  He sets very high goals for the reader, but is also realistic about how hard this process can be.  I also liked the way the information was organized.  It was very logically put together and thus was easily digestible for me as a reader.

I highly recommend this book to any reader, whether Christian or not, because even though he supports his observations with scripture, the truths apply both to relationships between Christians and non-Christians.  I would put this book on the same level as Safe People by Cloud and Townsend and make them my two go-to books for building safe and healthy relationships.

I was provided this book free of charge by booklookbloggers.com in return for my honest review. 

No comments: