Saturday, January 25, 2014

Book Review: Unseen by Jack Graham

When you start talking about angels, demons, heaven and hell, you can start getting a lot of wacky information.  It can be hard to discern what is correct, theological teaching and what is over dramatized, New Age gibberish.  That is why I get really excited when I come across a book like this one, Unseen:  Angels, Satan, Heaven, Hell and Winning the Battle for Eternity by Jack Graham.  This book is a straight-forward and scriptural handling of these four topics.

Graham does a thorough job addressing these topics, both scripturally and practically.  The text is very readable and was written so well that in certain parts I had trouble putting it down.  Seldom do books on these kinds of topics hit me this way and it was refreshing.  At no point did his content strike me as overly charismatic nor overly conservative.  It simply is a practical, biblical book on the spiritual world.

I would recommend this book to any Christian looking to deepen their understanding of the spiritual world.  I also think this book could be critical in a class for new Christians or even Christians that have been confused by all the mixed messages that are out there about what role angels and demons play in our lives.

I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers in return for my honest review.

No comments: