Friday, November 20, 2015

Best Hair Book Ever by Faithgirlz and Girl's Life Magazine

This is not the typical book I review, but I have a ten year old daughter who is growing her hair out for the first time in several years and I thought it would be fun to go through a book like this, spend time with my daughter and end up with a few new cute hairstyles.

This book, Best Hair Book Ever:  Cute Cuts, Sweet Styles and Tons of Tress Tips by the editors of Faithgirlz and Girls' Life Magazine, is a good book for what it is.  It is definitely aimed at that preteen/early teen age girl and my daughter found the book appealing.  It is packed with bright colors and lots of pictures, which made following the directions easier for her.  Even though I only thought about half the hairstyles in it were interesting, my daughter bookmarked a bunch she wanted me to try on her.  I even used the book to do an updo of her hair for my sister's wedding, which saved me the cost of going and getting her hair done.

Overall, I would recommend this book for girls 9-15.  It would be a great gift for a girl who wants to be creative with her hair or as a book to bring out at a slumber party for girls.  The book includes hairstyles that could be done on anyone, some would even work for African-American hair.

I was provided this book free of charge from the publisher in return for my honest review.

No comments: