Friday, November 20, 2015

Instant Happy Journal by Karen Salmansohn

I like journals that lead me somewhere.  Either the lead me to growth, or in understanding, or in a new skill.  This book, Instant Happy Journal:  365 Days of Inspiration, Gratitude, and Joy by Karen Salmansohn, is definitely one of those books.  While the title "Instant Happy" may be a little misleading since this book won't make you instantly happy, it does build the momentum for building a happier overall life.

The book is divided into 365 pages of journaling.  Each page has a different topic, question, or thought to write about.  I was impressed with how the author was able to keep all 365 questions unique, but relevant, without beginning to sound like a broken record around day 100.  The pages are bright and colorful, with plenty of space for journaling a paragraph or more.  Even though this is not necessarily a Christian book, it reminded me of Philippians 4:8, which tells us to dwell on whatever is lovely, beautiful, admirable, etc.  This book would be a great tool to start or end your day with a moment of reflection on life.  It would also be good for someone who wants to keep a journal of who they are to pass down to their grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

My only critique of the book is that it is a little hard to get open flat enough to comfortably write in.  Perhaps another edition can have lay flat pages or be bound in a spiral ring.

I recommend this book to anyone who wants to journal or any one who is looking to derail negative thought patterns in their life.

I was provided this book free of charge from the publisher in return for my honest opinion.

No comments: